Some MMO Stats
We had a little talk that had me gather a few interesting figures about MMOs:
World of Warcraft stats:
- Blizzard Online Network Services run in 10 data centers around the world, including facilities inÂ Washington, California, Texas, Massachusetts, France, Germany, Sweden, South Korea, China, and Taiwan.
- Blizzard uses 20,000 systems and 1.3 petabytes of storage to power its gaming operations.
- WoWâ??s infrastructureÂ includes 3,250 server blades, 75,000Â CPU cores, and 112.5 terabytes of blade RAM.
- The Blizzard network is managed by a staff of 68 people.
- The companyâ??s gaming infrastructure is monitored from a global network operating center (GNOC), which like many NOCs, featuresÂ televisions tuned to the weather stations to track potential uptime threatsÂ across its data center footprint.